The grass does not ALWAYS have to be greener on the other side! With our helpful and tips and tricks on making your grass greener, you will be well on your way to having a beautiful, thriving lawn.
With so many different products out there to choose from, it can be quite difficult sorting through exactly what you need in order to turn your yard into an outdoor paradise. This is why we also provide thorough and detailed reviews on the most important outdoor lawn and garden items. These items will help you irrigate, fertilize, maintain, and grow your grass without wearing out your back in the process.
Factors to Consider when Starting a Landscaping or Grass Repair Project
- Before beginning any project you must first clear away any debris from the area and also fix any problems that your yard may have. This means that if there is any old tree limbs in the area, they need to be removed. If you have soil problems including weeds, then you need to eliminate them with a weed killer before starting to landscape.
- The next step is to form a solid plan on what materials to buy, when to plant, and what flowers and plants work best with your particular soil. Get prices and look at designs around the neighborhood and online for ideas on what landscaping designs you like.
- Setup a budget, because if you aren’t prepared, landscaping costs can add up and you might end up with an unfinished yard!
- When purchasing sapling trees and flowers for you lawn, make sure to buy only healthy ones. Nothing can derail a plan faster than trees that will never make it past the first year. Always examine each item when buying and make sure you get the healthiest looking plants.
- Do not go overboard with buying the latest and greatest tools, and on the other hand, don’t just leave your lawn and garden to only the elements either! Find a healthy balance, and purchase the items that will really work for you. We give reviews on many of the lawn tools in our review section.
List of the Most Essential Products Needed to Maintain a Healthy Green Lawn
- Lawnmower – Some form of grass cutter is one of the first yard tools needed when you purchase or start renting a new home. Your choices include a push mower, riding lawnmower, no engine reel mower, or for a big piece of property, you can use a tractor.
- Weed-eater – A good trimmer is necessary to clean up a fence line, driveway, culverts, and any other place that a mower cannot get to.
- Hedge Trimmer – Trimming hedges will be a big part of keeping your lawn looking great throughout the many seasons. It pays to invest in a good pair of electric, or battery operated hedge trimmers so that you can keep shrubs neat and orderly all year.
- Leaf Rake – If you are just starting out and don’t have the money for a nice riding lawn mower that collects leaves, then you will certainly experience the joys of raking leaves during fall! Do yourself a favor and buy a large leaf rake that can save you hours of raking by helping you make piles fast and with less effort.
- Gloves, Shovel, Wheel barrow etc… – There are many other helpful items that you can use to make yard-work easier and less time consuming. Growing and maintaining a gorgeous lawn can be a fun and rewarding task if you are using the right tools in the right way.